Four BSF officers killed in Maoist blast (Lead)February 10th, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 10 (IANS) Four Border Security Force (BSF) officers were killed and two others critically injured when Maoists blew up their vehicle in Odisha’s Malkangiri district, police said.
The rebels triggered the blast near Balimela using an improvised explosive device, Inspector General of Police Y.B. Khurania told IANS. “There were four fatalities.”
The dead men include a commandant, a deputy commandant, an inspector and an assistant sub-inspector of the BSF 107 Battalion.
The incident occurred when the personnel were on their way to their base in a private multi-utility vehicle.
A constable and the driver managed to survive the blast but sustained critical injuries, Khurania said.
Malkangiri, over 600 km from here, is considered a Maoist stronghold.
- Maoists blow up BSF vehicle in Odisha, four killed - Feb 10, 2012
- Explosives seized in Odisha - Feb 08, 2012
- Cops raid Maoist camp in Orissa, no casualty - Oct 08, 2011
- Maoists blast police vehicle, three die - Jan 05, 2012
- Orissa deploys chopper in anti-Maoist operation - Aug 08, 2011
- Maoists torch construction equipments in Odisha - Jul 10, 2012
- BSF trooper killed in Odisha mine blast (Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Maoists blow up school to protest Obama visit - Nov 08, 2010
- Maoists kill Odisha villager - Jul 07, 2012
- Two Maoists held in Odisha - Jan 28, 2012
- Maoists blow up panchayat godown in Orissa - Oct 23, 2010
- Maoists blow up panchayat building - Aug 13, 2010
- SPO shot dead by Maoists in Odisha - Jul 29, 2012
- Suspected Maoists kill villager in Odisha - Aug 21, 2012
- Maoists blow up government warehouse in Orissa - May 19, 2010
Tags: battalion, border security force, bsf, constable, critical injuries, dead men, deputy commandant, district police, explosive device, inspector general, maoist, maoists, odisha, rebels, stronghold