Four arrested with fake currency in Uttar PradeshJuly 26th, 2008 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 25 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh Police Friday said it had busted an inter-state gang dealing in fake currency with the arrest of four people from Lucknow district and the recovery of counterfeit currency worth Rs.1.6 million. “Three of those arrested are from Bihar while the other is from Uttar Pradesh,” said Additional Director-General of Police (Law and Order) Brij Lal.
The people were arrested near the Badshah Nagar railway station in Lucknow, he added.
They have confessed to circulating fake notes amounting to Rs.10 million in different parts of the state, police said.
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Two arrested with Rs.11 lakh in fake notes - May 15, 2010
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
- 3 held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 06, 2010
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake currency notes - Oct 12, 2010
- Fake currency racket busted in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake notes - Dec 11, 2010
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Man held for supplying fake notes from Bangladesh - Nov 05, 2010
- Three held with Pakistan-made fake currency - Nov 25, 2010
- Hi-tech gang of ATM robbers busted - Mar 29, 2012
- Punjab Police arrest two in fake currency scam - Jul 28, 2010
- Five arrested with counterfeit notes printed in Pakistan - May 06, 2010
- Man held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 24, 2010