Four arrested in murder casesMay 6th, 2011 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) Four people, including two youths who had bludgeoned their friend to death, were arrested in separate murder cases here, police said Thursday.
In the first case, Ravi, 20, and Kuldeep, 23, were arrested for bludgeoning their 25-year-old friend Kuldeep to death in Sultanpuri area of north Delhi on the intervening night of May 3-4.
“During interrogation, the duo revealed that they had a quarrel with Kuldeep over breaking of liquor bottles. Initially, they left the place but later returned and attacked Kuldeep with a stone slab,” a police officer said.
In another case, a 21-year-old man was arrested for beating his younger brother to death in north Delhi.
“The incident took place in Bawana on Wednesday when Munna Pundit, 21, hit his brother Meghnath with a stick. Munna was irked at Meghnath, who wanted to go to Arah in Bihar to attend his child’s funeral,” Deputy Commissioner of Police B.S. Jaiswal said.
Munna told Meghnath not to go to the funeral as he may lose his job, but Meghnath refused. In a fit of anger, Munna hit him with a wooden stick and killed him.
Munna was arrested Thursday.
In the third case, a robber was arrested for abducting and murdering a man in north Delhi last year.
“The robber has been identified as Taslim Ahmed. In April 2010, Ahmed abducted and killed Shakeel in Gokulpuri,” said a police officer.
He was arrested Monday.
- Delhi man murders brother for touching his car - May 18, 2012
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Man wanted in 13 criminal cases arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Murder case solved after two months - Jan 14, 2011
- Seven robbers held after gun battle - Apr 01, 2012
- Man kills elder brother over love - Jul 26, 2011
- Man held for killing wife - Mar 23, 2011
- Extortionist held in Delhi - Jun 25, 2012
- Minor sodomised, accused arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- 1,375 murders unsolved in Delhi - Jul 10, 2010
- Disabled man rapes minor in Delhi, caught - Mar 10, 2012
- Youth beaten to death in West Delhi; 3 held - May 03, 2012
- 19-year-old gangraped in Delhi - Dec 12, 2010
- Pushkin Chandra killing: Life term for two upheld - Oct 31, 2011
- Policeman abducted in West Bengal - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: abducted, ahmed, bawana, bihar, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, interrogation, jaiswal, kuldeep, liquor bottles, munna, murder cases, New Delhi, north delhi, old friend, police officer, pundit, quarrel, robber, stone slab