Four arrested in connection with suicide of 17-year-old girlSeptember 14th, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) Four men were arrested and remanded to judicial custody in a case relating to the suicide of a 17-year-old girl in Krishna Nagar in South Delhi Wednesday, police said Friday
The four men were identified as Imraan, Jamaal, Shakir alias Shaukeen and Aftab Aslam, all aged between 20 and 22 years. The four were arrested Thursday night and charged with abetment to suicide, police said.
According to police, the victim’s family lodged a complaint at the Krishna Nagar police station Wednesday, accusing the four of abetment to suicide.
The girl had named the four men in her suicide note, police said.
The girl hanged herself at her residence Wednesday noon.
Relatives of the victim said that the young men had been harassing her.
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Son of ex-cop, 2 women among 7 held for gangrape - Jul 06, 2012
- Kanda's police custody extended by three days - Aug 25, 2012
- Had Kanda sexually exploited Geetika? - Aug 18, 2012
- Kanda may also face destruction of proof case - Aug 22, 2012
- Four held for gang rape - Jun 20, 2011
- Kanda sent to 7 days police custody (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Police search Kanda's farmhouse for evidence - Aug 20, 2012
- Geetika suicide: Kanda evades reply to 7 key questions - Aug 19, 2012