Four arrested for shooting two youth in DelhiApril 8th, 2008 - 8:57 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 8 (IANS) Three people, including a minor, were arrested Tuesday for allegedly opening fire at two youths in a busy market of northwest Delhi. It is suspected be a case of group rivalry, the police said. “We have arrested Inderjeet, 18, Akhilesh, 19, and a minor for accompanying Shiv Kumar, 42, who shot five times and injured two youths - Kunal Khari and his friend Mandeep - both in their early 20s,” said an official.
“Shiv Kumar is undergoing treatment for a self-inflicted bullet injury at the Sunder Lal Jain Hospital. A case of attempt to murder and carrying illegal firearm has been registered against him and he would soon be arrested,” the official said.
The incident occurred late Monday when Shiv Kumar, Inderjeet, Akhilesh and a minor boy, said to be the son of Shiv Kumar, in a Honda CRV forced Kunal and Mandeep to stop their car.
They accosted the duo and dragged them out of the car. After a heated exchange, Shiv Kumar pulled out a revolver and fired at them. Kunal suffered bullet injury on his right hand and Mandeep was shot in his left leg.
Shiv Kumar then shot himself in his fingers allegedly to give the impression that he was only retaliating.
All the three were admitted to the Sunder Lal Jain Hospital.
Mandeep and Kunal were discharged Tuesday, while Kumar was still recuperating in the hospital.
“The group had clashed earlier in the day, but the scuffle took a turn for the worse at night. The reason behind the violence could be group rivalry,” Ashok Nagar police station chief Babu Lal told IANS.
- Road rage: Three judges attacked in Delhi (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges - May 18, 2012
- Scrap dealer shot dead in busy Chandigarh market - Jul 19, 2011
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Two held for murdering friend - May 10, 2011
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Three wanted in honour killings arrested (Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
- Couple shot dead in Haryana city, attacker arrested (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Youth throws acid on senior citizens, one critical - May 22, 2011
- Three killed in Chandigarh accident - Jun 19, 2011
- Two injured in shootout in Delhi - Apr 08, 2008
- One killed in clash over Rajoana, curfew in Gurdaspur (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Couple shot dead in Haryana city, attacker arrested (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011