Four arrested for passing off used oil as newJuly 15th, 2008 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, July 15 (IANS) Four people were arrested in Delhi’s suburb Noida for selling used engine oil by re-packaging it in branded containers, the police said Tuesday. Dharmendra Singh, Banwari Lal, Manoj Lal and Mahaveer Lal were arrested by the police for allegedly selling the oil in Noida, Ghaziabad and Delhi, said Nathi Ram Panwar of the Sector 24 police station.
The police said they would purchase cheap used oil from dealers in Delhi’s Punjabi Bagh and re-package it in Castrol and other branded containers before selling them.
The police claimed to have seized 250 litres of re-packaged engine oil, wrappers, measuring instruments and packaging material.
- Property dealer, MBA student cheat ATM users - Apr 09, 2012
- Two men held with fake auto products - Jan 14, 2012
- Four auto drivers held for murder in Delhi - Jul 13, 2011
- Two held for carry pistol in Noida Metro station - Dec 31, 2010
- Property dealer shot by friend, dies in hospital - Jan 10, 2011
- Tide Water acquires Veedol from BP - Oct 25, 2011
- Police scale down seized fake money haul, say notes good quality - Jan 14, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges - May 18, 2012
- CBI busts BRO scam, books top officials (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Two youth held for ATM theft - Mar 06, 2011
- Man held with 50 kg of drugs in Abu Dhabi - Jan 10, 2011
- Sachin is Castrol's brand ambassador - Dec 16, 2010
- Diwali gift packs, with love from Tihar Jail - Oct 21, 2011
- Chinese trio jailed for selling expired drugs - Jan 26, 2012
- Man arrested for selling fake Tata salt, tea - May 30, 2011