Four arrested for circulating fake currency in NCRJanuary 19th, 2009 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 19 (IANS) Four people were arrested Monday for smuggling and circulating counterfeit currency in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad district and the adjoining towns in the national capital region (NCR), the police said. The police arrested Lalit Kumar, Ram Madan Chaudhary, Mustakim and Mohammad Umar from Masuri in Ghaziabad district and recovered from them counterfeit currency worth about Rs.150,000.
“Kumar and Chaudhary sourced fake notes from their accomplices in Samastipur in Bihar and then circulated these in the market in the NCR,” a police officer said.
“Kumar and Chaudhary supplied these fake notes to Mustakim and Umar - both living in Delhi,” the police officer added.
“The four were in this business for quite some time,” the police officer said.
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Fake Indian currency recovered, three held - Mar 18, 2012
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
- Bangladeshi in fake currency racket nabbed in Bengal - Feb 17, 2012
- Man held in Lucknow with Rs.1 lakh in fake currency - Aug 27, 2011
- Four arrested with fake currency notes in Bihar - Sep 15, 2009
- Fresh trail links Karachi to fake Indian money in Nepal - Aug 12, 2011
- Indian fake currency gangs chose Nepal star-hotel for deals - May 06, 2011
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Fake currency unit busted in Bihar - Apr 26, 2011
- Police scale down seized fake money haul, say notes good quality - Jan 14, 2012
- Two arrested with Rs.1 lakh fake currency - Aug 24, 2011
- Karachi link to fake Indian currency in Nepal - May 07, 2011
- Three held in Punjab for circulating fake currency - Oct 30, 2010