Four army personnel die in chopper crashApril 22nd, 2011 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Gangtok, April 22 (IANS) Four army personnel, including two majors, were found dead in a chopper crash in Sikkim Friday, a day after their helicopter went missing close to the Chinese border, officials said.
An army spokesperson said rescue teams Friday morning spotted the wreckage near the Yumthang Valley, about 160 km northeast of the state capital Gangtok.
“The four on board, two pilots of the rank of major and two technicians, one a junior commissioned officer, were all dead,” the official said.
- Four army officers dead in Sikkim chopper crash (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- 17 killed in Arunachal chopper crash in (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- 17 die in Arunachal chopper crash (Third Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Indian Army helicopter missing in Sikkim - Apr 21, 2011
- Search for MiG-29 wreckage, pilot on: IAF - Oct 20, 2011
- Army loses two pilots in Nashik chopper crash (Second lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Five die in US chopper crash - Dec 08, 2011
- Nine IAF men killed as two choppers collide (Third Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Deaths, destruction as strong quake hits India, Nepal - Sep 19, 2011
- Missing Army chopper found in Sikkim - Apr 22, 2011
- Arunachal MP puts Pawan Hans in dock, blames poor upkeep for crash - Apr 21, 2011
- Indian Army chopper goes missing in Sikkim (Lead) - Apr 21, 2011
- Pilot killed in Turkish helicopter crash - Apr 07, 2011
- Four military personnel dead in helicopter crash in northeast India - Apr 22, 2011
- IAF MiG crashes, pilot safe (Lead) - Feb 04, 2011