Four Afghans killed in land mine blastOctober 24th, 2011 - 5:32 am ICT by IANS
Kabul, Oct 24 (IANS) Four Afghan civilians lost their lives when a land mine struck their car, police said.
The incident happened in Herat province, 640 km west of capital city Kabul, Xinhua reported.
“A mine planted by Taliban rebels on a road in Pashtun Zarghon district struck a civilian car Saturday evening killing four aboard. All the victims were innocent civilians,” Herat province police spokesman Noor Khan Nikzad said.
Civilians in Afghanistan often bear the brunt of conflict in the militancy-hit country. Some rockets fired by anti-government militants injured 12 civilians in Wardak province, 35 km west of Afghan capital Kabul, Saturday.
- Afghan vice president escapes rocket attack - Jun 15, 2011
- 15 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Dec 31, 2011
- Key Taliban commander held in Afghanistan - Nov 13, 2011
- Five Afghan army soldiers killed - Oct 19, 2011
- 27 Taliban militants surrender in Afghanistan - Jan 22, 2012
- Roadside bomb kills three in Afghanistan - Jan 03, 2012
- 16 foreign troops killed in single day in Afghanistan - Oct 29, 2011
- 11 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 01, 2012
- Taliban's 'spring offensive' continues in Afghanistan - Apr 16, 2012
- 10 die in Afghan bombing - Jun 12, 2012
- Four killed in Afghanistan bomb blast - Nov 22, 2011
- Afghan forces kill 14 militants - Jul 04, 2010
- Taliban commander killed in Afghanistan - Jun 14, 2011
- Taliban behead four in Afghanistan - Aug 10, 2011
- Nine killed in Afghan bombings - Nov 12, 2011