Foster only wants to make movies about her lifeJune 20th, 2011 - 3:31 am ICT by IANS
London, June 20 (IANS) Actress-director Jodie Foster says she is only attracted to direct those films which she can relate to in some way.
“In some ways the movies I direct have to be the story of my life. My first, ‘Little Man Tate’, is about a child prodigy, and my second, ‘Home for the Holidays’, was about being in the 30s,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 48-year-old as saying.
She also says working on films about challenging subjects help her deal with her own problems better. Her current fascination is depression, a subject she explores in her latest movie “The Beaver”.
“I think depression is fascinating, there was a lot of depression in my family. Making movies about people in spiritual crises helps me to come to terms with my own spiritual crisis. My way of organising my feelings is to make movies out of them and see problems from all points of view,” she said.
“‘The Beaver’ is about a middle-aged man. In a way, it’s a trilogy,” she added.
- Mel Gibson Movie 'The Beaver' Gets Release Date - Dec 17, 2010
- Jodie Foster says that Mel Gibson is still her 'beloved' - Apr 26, 2011
- Jodie Foster to star in 'Elysium' - Jan 05, 2011
- Gibson took Winstone's advice for 'The Beaver' - May 16, 2011
- Gibson plays lonely man who befriends hand-puppet beaver in new movie - Dec 06, 2010
- Mainstream cinema not my cup of tea: Nandita Das - Apr 24, 2012
- Jodie Foster is all praise for 'sensitive' Mel Gibson - Mar 17, 2011
- Mel Gibson is most loved movie star, says Jodie Foster - Oct 20, 2010
- Troubled Mel Gibson's Movie, 'The Beaver', Is Scheduled To Release In March 2011 - Dec 17, 2010
- Literary works dominate Golden Globe nomination list - Dec 19, 2011
- Gibson's cockney accent impresses audience - May 05, 2011
- Stewart praises Foster - May 15, 2011
- Mel Gibson's movie 'The Beaver' to release in March-April 2011 - Dec 17, 2010
- 'The Beaver' DVD stolen from Gibson's mailbox - Jan 30, 2011
- Angelina Jolie talks about her directing tryst - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: actress, beaver, child prodigy, depression, fascination, feelings, films, holidays, jodie foster, little man tate, london, middle aged man, spiritual crises, spiritual crisis, story of my life, trilogy