Former vice chancellor faces police complaintMay 26th, 2008 - 3:24 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, May 26 (IANS) The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University (DDUGU) in Uttar Pradesh has lodged a first information report (FIR) against its former vice-chancellor Arun Kumar and six teachers for financial and academic irregularities, an official said Monday. “The university’s apex body, Executive Council, recommended criminal proceedings against the former V-C along with six other officials for their involvement in financial and academic anomalies. Following this we lodged the FIR Sunday,” DDUGU officiating vice-chancellor P.K. Mahanti told IANS.
He charged that they had illegally admitted more students in the B.Ed. courses than the number of seats sanctioned and had also appointed ad-hoc teachers.
Arun Kumar was dismissed by Governor T.V. Rajeswar last August after an inquiry by then Gorakhpur divisional commissioner Rajeev Kumar.
- Sanskrit varsity head gets fourth tenure, ignites row - Dec 20, 2009
- Lodge FIR against VC in radiation case, say DU students - May 04, 2010
- 3 lakh faculty shortage - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU starts online training programme for teachers - Dec 26, 2010
- DUTA to go ahead with protests Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- Bengal's university bill draws flak - Dec 24, 2011
- Delhi University teachers assaulted on campus - May 16, 2010
- Illegal constructions in Ghaziabad sealed, case against builder - May 21, 2012
- Fake certificates scam: Court orders probe against vice chancellor - Apr 03, 2012
- Indian-American engineer-physicist named US varsity VC (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Delhi dons council ends stir, to meet Pental - May 18, 2010
- Universities seek financial autonomy - Oct 02, 2011
- Notice to government over re-appointment of Jamia Hamdard VC - Feb 16, 2012
- AMU founder's 113th death anniversary observed - Mar 27, 2011
- Vice chancellor, officials confined in office overnight in Bengal - Apr 26, 2012