Former Uttar Pradesh minister’s grandson rescued (Lead)September 26th, 2008 - 12:58 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 25 (IANS) Former Uttar Pradesh home minister Rajendra Tripathi’s 15-year-old grandson, kidnapped from Allahabad Tuesday, was rescued from Bhabhua district of neighbouring Bihar late Thursday evening, police said.Sashwat Tripathi, 15, went missing late Tuesday after he left his home in Allahabad, about 200 km from here, to meet his friends.
“We successfully rescued him from from a hideout in Bhabhua and have also arrested five kidnappers,” Inspector General of Police (Allahabad Range) P.K. Tiwari told IANS on telephone.
A police team had left Allahabad for Bihar late Wednesday and rescued Sashwat.
“We scanned the details of the ransom calls and were successful in tracing the kidnappers,” Tiwari added.
According to police sources, the family had received a call demanding Rs.2.5 million Wednesday, after which they lodged a police complaint.
“A missing person report was lodged as we were not sure whether Sashwat was kidnapped or went missing on his own,” Allahabad police chief Lalji Shukla said.
The elder Tripathi is currently an executive member of the state Congress and in charge of the party’s affairs in eastern Uttar Pradesh’s Kaushambi district.
- Former Uttar Pradesh minister's kidnapped grandson untraced - Sep 25, 2008
- Cancer victim rescued from kidnappers - Oct 22, 2011
- Police nab kidnappers of industrialist, recover money - Oct 13, 2011
- Ex-soldier scripts kidnap of son for ransom - Jul 02, 2012
- Kidnapped boy rescued, two arrested - Apr 18, 2011
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012
- Police rescue kidnapped father of PM's security officer - Feb 11, 2011
- Minor rescued from kidnappers - Dec 15, 2010
- Couple held for scientist's son's murder (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Trader kidnapped in Bihar for ransom - Jan 22, 2010
- Mumbai Police rescue kidnapped boy from Uttar Pradesh - Apr 20, 2011
- Five-year-old boy kidnapped in Chandigarh (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Bihar student's kidnappers demand Rs.10 mn ransom - Mar 01, 2012
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Court questions Kingfisher Airlines for sacking employee - Sep 29, 2011