Former Uttar Pradesh bureaucrat to be charged soonMarch 19th, 2008 - 6:46 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will soon file a chargesheet against former Uttar Pradesh chief secretary Akhand Pratap Singh in a case of having assets disproportionate to one’s known sources of income. “The probe into the disproportionate assets of Akhand Pratap Singh have been completed and now the next step will be to file a chargesheet in the case,” a CBI official told IANS.
According to the CBI official, Singh - who retired as chief secretary in 2003 - had allegedly acquired movable and immovable assets worth nearly Rs.10 billion. He has 85 immovable properties and 100 bank accounts in Delhi, Ghaziabad, Noida, Nainital, Bahraich and Lucknow.
“All the material evidences in the case including the bank documents and property papers have been collected. Singh had acquired most of his property in the name of his family members, friends and relatives,” the official said.
“We have also recovered proof of investment into shares and debentures and many luxury vehicles.”
Singh was booked in 2005 in various cases of corruption and forgery. He is also accused of forging the signatures of his dead father and friend for transferring the properties and routing financial transactions through fictitious bank accounts.
“Investigations have also revealed that Singh had constructed a palatial house in Lucknow on three plots, one of which belonged to his father,” the official added.
Singh held various key posts in the state as well as central government.
According to the official, Singh had dozens of bank accounts, both in India and abroad.
The 1967 batch Indian Administrative Service officer was arrested last year from his farmhouse in southwest Delhi’s Vasant Kunj.
- Court rejects former bureaucrat's plea in corruption case - Mar 05, 2009
- Chargesheet freed against Former UP Chief Secretary A P Singh in disproportionate assets case - Mar 28, 2008
- Why no sanction sought, court asks CBI in Chautalas case - Mar 22, 2010
- Cops raid Mumbai Congress ex-chief, seal property (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Breather for Kripashankar: Apex court stays attachment order - Mar 13, 2012
- Case filed against former Dental Council chief - Sep 23, 2011
- Corruption case against Delhi Police officer - Feb 24, 2012
- Bailable warrant against Haryana legislator Abhay Chautala - Feb 15, 2010
- Court issues notice to CBI on Chautala plea - May 05, 2011
- Kripashankar returns to Mumbai, claims innocence - Mar 03, 2012
- Apex court clears way for Chautala brothers' prosecution (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Breather for Kripashankar: Apex court stays attachment order (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- President declares assets worth Rs.2.5 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Bihar to confiscate BJP lawmaker's assets - Feb 04, 2012
- FIR lodged against ex-Congress chief - Feb 29, 2012