Former US embassy employee held for cheatingMay 2nd, 2009 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) A former employee of the US embassy here has been arrested for duping people by promising them jobs with the mission with forged appointment letters, police said.
Somya Ranjan Dass was arrested Friday after Arvind Kumar complained to police that Dass had assured him of a job in the embassy but was only cheating him since July 2006, police said.
Kumar said Dass took Rs.150,000 from him in instalments and gave him an appointment letter on the letterhead of the embassy bearing signatures of the embassy officials.
When Kumar checked the details on the embassy website, he found the ‘appointment letter’ and the names of officials were fake.
“During investigation, it was revealed that Dass was working in the US Embassy on the same post to which he was offering appointment to the complainant. So he managed to prepare a fake letterhead and stamps, as he knew the complete work procedure of the embassy,” said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (south Delhi) Rishi Pal.
- Two held for forging MP's letterhead - Jun 23, 2012
- MCD employee arrested for forgery - May 30, 2012
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Ugandan student duped with fake admission letter - Jul 05, 2011
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- MCD teachers racket busted, seven arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- Two held for duping people in Delhi - Jun 09, 2010
- Man held for job fraud - Dec 27, 2011
- Man arrested for cheating in Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- MP's letter forged to recommend Bappi Lahiri for award - Apr 27, 2012
- One held for duping IIT aspirants - Sep 03, 2010
- Man held for posing as Sheila Dikshit aide - Dec 06, 2011
- Three held for selling fake bus passes - May 13, 2011
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Travel agent forges MP's signature, held in Delhi - Jun 07, 2012