Former UP official gets bail in graft caseAugust 8th, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Aug 8 (IANS) A CBI special court here Wednesday granted bail to a former Uttar Pradesh principal secretary in a corruption case related to a rural health scheme, a lawyer said.
Special Judge A.K. Singh granted bail to Pradeep Shukla, an Indian Administrative Service official, on the ground that the CBI failed to file the chargesheet within the stipulated 90 days after his arrest.
Shukla was arrested by CBI in May. Since then, he was lodged in Dasna jail at Ghaziabad.
“If the chargesheet is not filed within 90 days after arrest, the accused has the right to bail,” said Shukla’s lawyer J.P. Sharma.
On Wednesday, lawyers in Ghaziabad observed a strike but the CBI court conducted business.
The CBI earlier filed a chargesheet against former Uttar Pradesh minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and his associate R.P. Jaiswal for alleged misappropriation of funds allocated under the National Rural Health Mission scheme in Uttar Pradesh.
- CBI charge sheet against Uttar Pradesh ex-minister - May 31, 2012
- CBI raids former UP health minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Bureaucrat gets bail in rural health scheme scam - Apr 18, 2012
- Court refuses relief to Uttar Pradesh scam accused - Apr 04, 2012
- NRHM case: Former UP minister, BSP legislator arrested (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- NRHM scam: Kushwaha sent to judicial custody - Mar 13, 2012
- High Court refuses relief to Uttar Pradesh NRHM scam accused - Apr 12, 2012
- Six ex-judges get interim bail in PF scam (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- NRHM scam: CBI raids senior IAS officer - Jan 19, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- BJP in Congress line of fire over Kushwaha as CBI raids premises (Fourth Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Provident fund scam accused judges get bail - Apr 01, 2011
- NRHM scam: CBI raids 60 places, ex-BSP minister under scanner (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: babu, cbi court, corruption case, graft case, indian administrative service, jaiswal, kushwaha, lawyer, lawyers, misappropriation of funds, national rural health, national rural health mission, principal secretary, special judge, uttar pradesh minister