Former top cop held guilty in Shivani Bhatnagar murderMarch 18th, 2008 - 3:56 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 18 (IANS) A city court held former Indian Police Service official R.K. Sharma and three others guilty of the murder of journalist Shivani Bhatnagar in 1999. Additional sessions judge Rajendra Kumar Shastri ruled that R.K. Sharma and his associates Pradeep Sharma, Satya Prakash and Sri Bhagwan were guilty of the murder of the Indian Express journalist on Jan 23, 1999, in her east Delhi house.
The court acquitted two others, Jai Prakash Sharma and Kalu.
The sentence will be pronounced Thursday.
The four were found guilty under Section 302 (murder) and 102 (hatching criminal conspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code.
Sharma, who surrendered in 2002 to an Ambala court, is in Tihar Jail. He was allegedly having an affair with Bhatnagar.
- Shivani murder: R.K. Sharma's acquittal challenged in apex court (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Acquittal of five in Shivani Bhatnagar murder case contested (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Highlights of judgment on Shivani Bhatnagar murder - Oct 12, 2011
- Shivani Bhatnagar murder: Ex-cop R.K. Sharma walks free - Oct 12, 2011
- Chronology of Shivani Bhatnagar murder case - Oct 12, 2011
- Shivani murder: Court seeks police reply on parole plea (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Verdict on appeal of Shivani murder case convicts Wednesday - Oct 11, 2011
- Lawyer questioned for criticising Shivani case judge (Lead) - Oct 24, 2011
- Acquittal of five in Shivani Bhatnagar case contested - Feb 13, 2012
- Lifer in Shivani Bhatnagar murder granted interim bail - Oct 08, 2009
- Shivani Bhatnagar murder accused R.K. Sharma granted interim bail - Aug 03, 2009
- Shivani murder case: Convict's bail plea rejected - Mar 26, 2010
- Sentencing in Shivani Bhatnagar murder on Monday - Mar 20, 2008
- Shivani murder: Life term for Sharma, three others - Mar 24, 2008
- Tihar considering phone facility for inmates - Oct 12, 2008