Former servant is prime suspect in Noida double murder (Lead)May 19th, 2008 - 9:03 pm ICT by admin
By S.P. Singh
Noida, May 19 (IANS) The gruesome Noida double murder that has grabbed headlines for the last few days could have been committed by the Talwar family’s former servant, police sources revealed Monday. According to well placed sources, the former servant, Vishnu Sharma alias Vishnu Thapa, murdered the servant Hemraj and then killed Arushi Talwar when he realized that she had seen him committing the crime and used the same weapon.
Vishnu, who had left the Talwar household about eight months back, had failed to land a new job. He came to the Talwar family in the first week of May and requested them to re-employ him again. But the Talwar family refused.
Vishnu then asked Hemraj to leave the job, but he too refused. An infuriated Vishnu barged into the servant’s room, dragged Hemraj to the terrace and killed him by slitting his throat.
Realising that Arushi had seen him dragging Hemraj, Vishnu eliminated Arushi too, well-placed sources in the investigation team told IANS. The other accomplices of Vishnu are yet to be arrested, said the sources.
Arushi, a 15-year-old girl studying in Class 9 of Delhi Public School, Noida, was stabbed to death in her bedroom in her L-32 Jalvayu Vihar home in Sector-25 of Noida Thursday night. The murder came to light only at 6 a.m. Friday morning when her parents, Rajesh Talwar and Nupur Talwar, peeped into her room and were shocked to see their daughter lying dead in a pool of blood. She had four stab wounds on her forehead, shoulder and chest.
Initially, police suspected Hemraj to be the murderer and even announced Rs.20,000 as reward for his arrest. They discovered his decomposing body on the terrace the next day.
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders: Four years of a whodunit - May 14, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Three years on, Aarushi murder remains a whodunit - May 15, 2011
- Nupur Talwar points to inconsistencies in CBI probe - May 04, 2012
- Aarushi case: Police expert fails to explain finger printing - Jun 29, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi murder: CBI slammed for closure when evidence points to parents - Feb 10, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Talwar's attacker blames his 'emotional weakness' for assault - Jan 26, 2011
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- Under fire, CBI blames police for failing to find Aarushi killers - Jan 02, 2011