Former president Venkataraman criticalJanuary 19th, 2009 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 19 (IANS) Former president R. Venkataraman is in a critical condition at the Army’s Research and Referral Hospital, a spokesperson of the hospital said Monday.The 98-year-old former president of the country was admitted to the hospital Jan 12 with “delirium and dehydration”.
“He was found to have e-coli urinary tract infection and sepsis. He also has evidence of pneumonia and respiratory failure, for which he is on respiratory support,” said the hopsital spokesperson.
A team of physicians is constantly monitoring his health.
Born Dec 4, 1910, Venkataraman was the eighth president of the country serving from 1987 to 1992. Before his election as president, he served as vice-president of the country for nearly four years.
- Former President R Venkataraman remains critical - Jan 19, 2009
- Former President Venkataraman continues to remain critical - Jan 21, 2009
- Former president Venkataraman dead - Jan 27, 2009
- Former president R. Venkataraman dead (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- Prime Minister condoles former President R.Venkataramans death - Jan 27, 2009
- Superbug from India causes scare in Britain - Aug 11, 2010
- Former President R. Venkataraman passes away - Jan 27, 2009
- President Patil mourns Venkataraman's death - Jan 27, 2009
- President, vice-president, PM mourn Venkataraman's death (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- President Patil condoles R.Venkataramans death - Jan 27, 2009
- Beating Retreat cancelled after former president's death - Jan 27, 2009
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi critical in Pune hospital - Jan 15, 2011
- Cremation of former President Venkataraman to take place today - Jan 28, 2009
- Bhimsen Joshi stable but critical - Jan 17, 2011
- Amar Singh's medical reports paint grim picture - Sep 14, 2011