Former president Kalam for creative leadershipJanuary 3rd, 2009 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Jan 3 (IANS) Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Saturday emphasised on the need for creative leadership in various disciplines.”There is a need for creative leadership in different disciplines exercising the vision to change the traditional role from the commander to the coach, from the manager to the mentor… and from one who demands respect to one who facilitates self-respect,” he said.
Kalam spoke in detail about system integration, engineering and management, integrated mission for economic development of Himachal Pradesh, dimensions of knowledge society, distinctive profile of the country by 2020 and integrated action plan for a developed India.
He congratulated the hill state for creating quality infrastructure like roads, electricity, drinking water and health services in the villages.
Kalam was speaking at the third convocation of the National Institute of Technology (NIT) at Hamirpur town, 150 km from here.
He said NIT needed to encourage participation of people in the cultivation of bio-diesel plants in Hamirpur.
Kalam also asked NIT to study systematically the products and processes from small-scale, khadi and village industries and come out with an action plan on how industries could increase production.
- India needs large number of creative leaders: Kalam - Jul 05, 2011
- India cannot afford to fight civil war over water: Kalam - Dec 14, 2011
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- Need to produce innovators, entrepreneurs, says president - Nov 25, 2011
- President to attend Ranchi varsity convocation - Dec 09, 2010
- CII proposes bio-diesel price hike - Jan 02, 2011
- Kalam calls for creating India-Asean knowledge platform - Feb 14, 2012
- Why India must become more aware of product designs (June 29 is World Industrial Design Day) - Jun 28, 2012
- Four new NIDs to come up (With Images) - Dec 12, 2011
- Kalam outlines blueprint for prosperous India - Apr 29, 2009
- Providing urban amenities in rural areas is $150 bn business: Kalam - Nov 17, 2010
- Resolve Kudankulam row politically: Kalam to Manmohan - Jan 14, 2012
- Kalam call for material convergence through ICT, nano - Oct 19, 2011
- Over 250 companies to participate in BioAsia 2012 - Feb 07, 2012
- Kalam hails Mamata's leadership qualities, honesty - Jun 19, 2012