Former manager at retail chain arrested for cheatingMarch 10th, 2012 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) A 39-year-old man who had worked as a manager in various prominent retail chains was arrested for cheating a department store owner in west Delhi, police said Saturday.
Ravi Prakash Srivastava was arrested Wednesday from Dwarka in west Delhi.
According to police, Srivastava had held managerial positions in retail outlets like Vishal Mega Mart and LG electronics but was fired for misappropriation of funds.
Being unemployed for a year, he visited a departmental store Feb 27 in west Delhi’s Janakpuri.
Introducing himself as general manager of Big Bazar’s west Delhi outlet in Rajouri Garden, he lured the owner, Joginder Singh, into buying “surplus” goods from his store at discounted rates, said police.
Singh visited Srivastava Feb 29 at the Big Bazar in Rajouri Garden’s West Gate mall and agreed to buy goods worth Rs.3 lakh.
After taking Rs.1.5 lakh from Singh, Srivastava asked him to wait while he fled from the spot on the pretext of getting his goods billed and packed, said police.
Police observed the CCTV footage and photographs of the accused obtained from Big Bazar and the victim’s departmental store.
“Residence of Srivastava in Dwarka’s Rudra Society Sector-6, was raided but he had left the society six months ago,” said an official.
“With the help of neighbours and society guards, the present address of the accused was traced and he was arrested from Metro View apartments in Dwarka.”
Police said Srivastava confessed that he was involved in various cases of cheating, misappropriation of funds and impersonation.
- Stolen medicines racket busted - Dec 20, 2011
- One held for illegally stocking fire crackers - Oct 25, 2011
- Duping racket busted, one arrested in Delhi - Jun 20, 2011
- School official shot at - Oct 13, 2011
- Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accident - Apr 08, 2012
- Man held for cheating AIIMS nurse - Oct 16, 2011
- Auto Expo tickets available from Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- Maid torture: Doctor couple arrested in Delhi (Second Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Dubai fast food chain comes to Delhi - Jan 31, 2012
- Woman held for duping people of Rs.3.5 crore - May 23, 2011
- Man held for extortion - Jul 30, 2011
- Maid torture: Doctor couple arrested in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 04, 2012
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Seven arrested for defrauding bank, card-holders of lakhs - Feb 18, 2011
- Nine minor girls rescued in Delhi - Jul 19, 2011
Tags: delhi police, departmental store, dwarka, feb 29, impersonation, joginder, lakh, lg electronics, managerial positions, mega mart, misappropriation of funds, police police, ravi prakash, retail chain, retail chains, rudra, srivastava, surplus goods, view apartments, west delhi