Former Madhya Pradesh minister, six others named in graft casesJanuary 25th, 2009 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 25 (IANS) A former Madhya Pradesh health minister and six others are being investigated for corruption in two cases of drug purchase by the special police establishment of Lokayukta here, an official said.Lokayukta found that former minister Ajay Vashnoi and six others, including two IAS officers - Principal Secretary M.M. Upadhyaya and Secretary Rajesh Rajora - unnecessarily purchased the drugs to benefit a private company.
In 2007, medicines worth Rs.3.2 million and streptomycin (anti-TB drug) of Rs.3.7 million were purchased by these persons, the official added.
Both cases were being investigated and registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by social activist Indira Iyengar.
Ajay Vashnoi of the Bharatiya Janata Party resigned as the state’s health minister before his tenure ended when he was named in the two corruption cases. He later contested the elections to the state assembly and won, but was not included in the ministerial team of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The other officers named in the cases are: Directors in the health department Yogiraj Sharma and Ashok Sharma, joint director Ashok Veerang and administrative officer M.S. Mathur.
- Central team to probe drug resistant TB cases in Mumbai - Jan 17, 2012
- Addressing poverty in TB control: The Thailand experience - Nov 04, 2010
- Chouhan government harassing officials: Congress - Jan 27, 2012
- 'Time to scale up work on TB control' - Jan 24, 2012
- Congress legislator arrested in Ujjain for morphing picture - Feb 04, 2012
- Mulayam, Akhilesh get Z-plus security cover - Apr 12, 2012
- TB causing half million annual deaths in South-East Asia: WHO - Mar 22, 2012
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- No drug-resistant TB case in India: Expert team - Jan 20, 2012
- States act on graft, governance - prodded by people's power - Sep 11, 2011
- Congress to counter Chouhan's protest - Jan 30, 2012
- Government to rope in chemists to fight TB (March 24 is World Tuberculosis Day) - Mar 24, 2012
- Lokayukta raids continue in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 19, 2012
- Berlin 2010: TB, HIV and Lung Health: From research and innovation to solutions - Nov 02, 2010
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan gets clean-chit in dumper scam - Dec 30, 2010