Former IAS officer gets four year jail for fodder scamJune 26th, 2008 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 26 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here Thursday sentenced former IAS officer Sripati Narayan Dubey to four years of imprisonment for his role in the multi-million rupee fodder scam in which Railways Minister Lalu Prasad is one of the main accused. Justice Sanjay Prasad, the judge of the special CBI court, also slapped a fine of Rs.250,000 on Dubey, who was the commissioner of Dumka district during the fodder scam.
On June 12, the special court convicted 34 people, including Dubey, in the case related to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs.14.7 million from the Dumka treasury of Jharkhand. It has already pronounced sentence to 33 convicts.
A total of 46 people were accused in the case. Three of them died during the trial, three turned CBI approvers, three admitted their crime, one was acquitted by the court and two are at large.
Sixty-three cases were lodged by the CBI in relation to the fodder scam in Bihar. Of them, 41 were transferred to Jharkhand after it was carved out of Bihar in November 2000.
Till now, special CBI courts have pronounced their judgements in 24 cases. Lalu Prasad is accused in five of the pending cases.
- 61 convicted in fodder scam case - Jan 16, 2012
- 62 convicted in fodder scam, 23 jailed - Jan 28, 2011
- 52 convicted, eight sent to jail in fodder scam case - Nov 29, 2010
- 4 to 7 years' jail for 40 convicted in fodder scam case - May 07, 2012
- Fodder scam: Lalu, Jagannath statements to be recorded - Feb 02, 2012
- 64 people sentenced in fodder scam (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Nine sentenced in fodder scam case - Nov 30, 2010
- Fodder scam: 64 convicts get jail terms in one case (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Eleven more sentenced in fodder scam case - Dec 01, 2010
- Ranchi court convicts 64 in fodder scam - Jan 31, 2012
- 69 convicted in fodder scam - May 03, 2012
- Lalu and Mishra appear in CBI court on fodder scam case - Feb 14, 2012
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- 12 get four to six years' jail in fodder scam case - Dec 03, 2010
- Fodder scam: 35 sentenced to prison - Jan 29, 2011