Former French footballer gets five-month suspended sentenceJune 15th, 2012 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, June 15 (IANS) Former French international footballer Claude Makelele was handed a five-month suspended prison sentence after being accused of beating up his former girlfriend.
Makelele, 39, denied claims from Thandi Ojeer, a 37-year-old British events organiser, who said the footballer had punched her at the home they once shared in the suburbs of Paris, reported Xinhua.
Ojeer was in a relationship with the former Chelsea and Real Madrid star for two years.
Makelele, deputy coach with French top flight side Paris Saint Germain, did not show up in court Thursday.
- Claude Makelele files legal complaint after dispute with ex - Oct 08, 2010
- Mourinho agrees to signing Sao Paulo playmaker - Apr 28, 2012
- Nasri excluded from French team over Euro fiasco - Jul 28, 2012
- France's PSG signs Brazilian Alex - Jan 28, 2012
- French Model Noemie Lenoir Hospitalized Subsequent To An Attempt To Perpetrate Suicide - May 15, 2010
- Claude Makelele 'absolutely astonished' by girlfriend's suicide attempt - May 17, 2010
- Paris Saint-Germain signs Brazilian defender Silva - Jul 15, 2012
- Italian Ancelotti set to coach Paris Saint-Germain - Dec 29, 2011
- French Model Attempts Suicide After Failed Affair - May 15, 2010
- Chelsea get tricky draw; Madrid, City in group of death - Aug 31, 2012
- Bolton striker Ngog to join Cameroon squad - Mar 13, 2012
- French Supermodel, Noemie Lenoir Attempts Suicide - May 13, 2010
- AC Milan seeks Kaka-Ibrahimovic swap - Jun 19, 2012
- Manzano faces difficult night in Vicente Calderon - Dec 13, 2011
- Swedish striker Ibrahimovic joins Paris Saint-Germain - Jul 18, 2012