Former Delhi legislator, wife arrested for Rs.20 bn fraudJune 17th, 2009 - 10:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) The Economic Offenses Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police Wednesday arrested former legislator Ranbir Singh Kharab, days after a non-bailable warrant was issued against him for allegedly duping many investors of Rs.10-20 billion.
Kharab, a former Independent legislator elected from Najafgarh in 2003, was wanted in a chit fund scam.
He with his wife Anita were on the run after duping people in west Delhi. The husband and wife were arrested from Sonepat in Haryana and would be brought to a Delhi court Thursday.
Police said the accused had floated a chit fund company Jyoti Share Finance in 1998 and promised the investors to double their invested amount in three months.
Kharab carried his con act more than 10 years back and his cases had since been dragging on in the city courts.
- Former Delhi legislator sent to police custody - Jun 18, 2009
- Court seeks response from Tihar jail on former legislator's plea - Jun 29, 2009
- Former Delhi legislator's wife arrested for fraud - Jun 27, 2009
- Warrant issued for Bihar legislator's arrest - Apr 25, 2012
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar extended (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Ramdev hits out on government over aide's arrest - Jul 21, 2012
- 11 Uttarakhand cops surrender, sent to jail - Jun 05, 2012
- Student killing: Four cops sent to judicial custody - Apr 28, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba stayed - May 23, 2012
- Subrata Roy gets relief in fraud case - Feb 08, 2011
- NALCO graft case: Warrants issued against two firm officials - Mar 09, 2011
- Couple held for duping people of Rs.65 lakh - Feb 28, 2010
- Fraud case: Subrata Roy gets relief in high court (Lead) - Feb 09, 2011
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012