Former cop, 90, summoned for ignoring former wife’s medicareJune 19th, 2008 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday served notice on a 90-year-old retired Indian Police Service official for allegedly not supporting his divorced wife’s medical treatment. A vacation Bench of Justice S.N. Aggarwal issued the notice to Jai Kishan Balani and directed him to file his response by June 23.
Vimla, divorced wife of Balani, moved the court asking for help as he refused to support her medical treatment for breast cancer despite a court order in March.
Balani did not take steps to see that she gets medical facility through his Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) cover and also did not inform the court about how and why this was not done, said the petition.
R.K. Saini, counsel for Vimla, contended that she cannot afford to bear the cost of treatment as she was not financially well-off.
Balani and Vimla got divorced last year after their marital discord allegedly lasted more than 50 years.
- Give medical help to former cop's ex-wife: court - Jun 25, 2008
- Delhi High Court upholds divorce of retired IPS officer - Dec 18, 2008
- Delhi court asks police to protect blind man from ex-wife - Jun 27, 2012
- Court orders medical assistance for 70-year-old divorcee - Feb 06, 2009
- Delhi court evicts tenant from ex-official's flat - Jul 01, 2012
- Can't ignore kin's evidence in matrimonial dispute: SC - Jul 05, 2012
- After 30 years, 85-year-old granted divorce - Jan 13, 2011
- AIIMS served notice for turning away patient - Jun 24, 2011
- Lawyer denied bail in property grab case - Jan 26, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar bail pleas Monday - Jun 12, 2011
- Kannada actor awaits bail in wife beating case - Sep 14, 2011
- Raja, aides in five-day police custody (Second Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- 2G scam: Balwa allowed to depose from jail via video link - Mar 14, 2011
- Chinese woman's claim to virtual assets dismissed - Dec 28, 2010
- Court asks TV serial director to pay alimony to wife (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012