Former BSP minister faces robbery chargesJanuary 8th, 2009 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 8 (IANS) Fifteen people, including a former minister of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), have been named in a “loot and dacoity” case in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Thursday.”On the directions of a Gorakhpur court, we have filed a case of loot and dacoity against 15 people, including former minister Rambhuwal Nishad,” police inspector Sashi Bhushan Singh told IANS.
The court directions came Wednesday after hearing a writ by Ranvijay Maurya, a resident of Davna-dih village in Gorakhpur, some 270-km from here.
Maurya alleged that several armed robbers, led by Nishad, Nov 16 barged inside his home, firing in the air and decamped with ornaments, the police said.
Nishad was state minister for backward welfare in 2003.
- Ex-minister booked for dacoity in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 11, 2008
- Robbers kill soldier, relative - May 24, 2012
- Rs.9 mn looted from Karachi bank - Apr 15, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Over Rs.2 mn looted from Karachi bank - Oct 21, 2011
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Finance company office looted - May 10, 2011
- Four criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 25, 2012
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Law and order breakdown in Uttar Pradesh: Mayawati - May 19, 2012
- Robbers loot copper wire worth Rs.10 lakh from factory - Jul 21, 2010
- Delhi crime spurt threat to people's safety: Court - Jun 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh records 358 rapes, 394 killings in 135 days - Dec 07, 2010
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011