Former boyfriend arrested for Delhi woman’s murderMay 17th, 2011 - 8:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) The sensational murder of a young woman, found dead with her throat slit in a Delhi park last month, has been solved with the arrest of her former boyfriend.
Jitender, 26, a resident of Mandawali in east Delhi, was arrested Monday from his home for killing Sandhya, 21, who was living with him after abandoning her husband, said Additional Commissioner of Police Ajay Chaudhary.
The woman’s body was found in Millennium Park in east Delhi on April 24.
Chaudhary said Sandhya and Jitender were friends but then she got married and shifted to Bihar.
“She was, however, not happy with her marriage and in April, she came back and started staying with Jitender. She wanted to marry him but he was trying to convince her to return to her husband,” he said.
On the day of incident, the couple went to the Millennium Park and stayed there past midnight.
“The man slit her throat as he wanted to get rid of her. He escaped from the site with her three mobile phones,” he said.
–Indi-Asian News Service
- Delhi policeman's wife commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Man kills girlfriend, attempts suicide - Jun 09, 2011
- Man arrested for killing lover - Jan 09, 2012
- Man held for killing lover - Oct 18, 2011
- Woman, three held for husband's killing - Feb 11, 2012
- Brother murders NRI sister - May 04, 2011
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Lawyer murder: Watchman sent to police custody - Aug 11, 2012
- Alcoholic man kills wife - Oct 29, 2011
- Eunuch among five arrested for murder - Dec 03, 2011
- Teenager found murdered in Delhi home - Jan 01, 2010
- Woman dies of burns, father alleges dowry death - Jan 28, 2011
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- Briton gets 18-year jail for slitting woman's throat - Apr 21, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: ajay chaudhary, april 24, asian news, commissioner of police, delhi park, east delhi, marriage, millennium park, New Delhi, news service, sandhya, three mobile phones, throat slit, vd, young woman