Former Bihar MP arrestedMay 15th, 2011 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) former Rajya Sabha member Ejaz Ali was arrested here and sent to judicial custody for allegedly pasting posters and defacing public property, a Delhi police official said sunday.
Ali, former MP from Bihar who was suspended from Janata Dal-United (JD-U), was arrested from Delhi’s Okhla area Saturday, he added.
“He has been charged for defacing the walls of the Indian Institute of Technology (Delhi). He is a proclaimed offender and resides in Patna,” the official said.
Ali was elected to Rajya Sabha in 2008 and his term expired last year. He was suspended from the party in 2010 due to anti-party activities.
- Janata Dal-United rebels hint at new party in Bihar - Jun 20, 2011
- 11 JD-U MPs face disciplinary action - Mar 08, 2011
- Bihar stocks RSS books in government schools, says JD-U rebel - Jul 31, 2011
- JD-U rebels form political outfit - Jun 21, 2011
- JD-U suspends three MPs - Oct 21, 2009
- Won't appear before disciplinary committee: JD-U MP - Jan 27, 2011
- Enact law to seize corrupt politicians' property: Nitish urged (Lead, recasting intro) - Apr 11, 2011
- Enact law to seize corrupt politicians' property: Nitish urged - Apr 11, 2011
- Bihar's ruling JD-U gets new chief - Feb 14, 2010
- JD-U workers protest black market in fertilizer - Sep 21, 2012
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- Now, Bihar MP gets garland of currency notes - Mar 17, 2010
- JD-U MPs, legislator skip disciplinary committee hearing - Feb 05, 2011
- JD-U stands divided over quota bill - Mar 09, 2010
- JD-U leader supports Mukherjee - Jun 16, 2012