Forgery case against BSP legislatorJuly 20th, 2008 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 20 (IANS) Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) legislator Balvir Kivana has been named in a forgery case filed in Muzzafarnagar district Saturday. The criminal case was lodged against Kivana, BSP legislator from Kandhla constituency, and eight others on the directions of the district court, officials said.
“One Yogendra Singh of Kandhla had a family property dispute with his brother, Sanjiv, about two years ago. However, Sanjiv allegedly sold his portion of land to Kivana without the consent of the family members,” inspector R.R. Katheriya of Kandhla police station told IANS on phone.
Accusing his brother of selling the family property without the consent of family members, Yogendra filed a suit, he added.
“The FIR names Sanjiv and other family members and Kivana’s name figured for buying the disputed property,” Katheriya said.
Investigations are on in the matter, he added.
- Day after joining BJP, Kushwaha's premises raided (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Kerala house adjourned over murder controversy - Jun 13, 2012
- Justice has been done, says Mayawati (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court orders police action on lawyer's assault - Feb 16, 2012
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- No conspiracy against Mayawati: BJP - Jul 06, 2012
- Cricket board officials covered up forgery: GCA member - Dec 25, 2010
- Court orders police action on lawyer's assault (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Two detained for interrogation - Apr 03, 2012
- SC quashes CBI probe against Mayawati in graft case (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Gujarat High Court quashes FIR against police official (Lead) - Aug 31, 2010
- Gujarat cop moves court against FIR in 26-year-old case - Aug 12, 2010
- Mayawati in Delhi, law targets her four legislators - Jul 22, 2008
- Court puts curbs on Gujarat cop's arrest - Aug 16, 2010