Forex firm employee robbed of Rs.1.8 mn (Lead)August 25th, 2008 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) An employee of a forex company was robbed of Rs.1.8 million at gunpoint in the capital Monday, police said. Ranjeet Singh, 28, employed with Associate Forex, was chased by two people in Connaught Place around 1 p.m. when he was going to deliver cash to a client.
“He was stopped by two motorcycle-borne youths who tried to snatch the cash bag from him at gunpoint. As he resisted, they hit him on the head and escaped with the bag,” a police official said.
However, the police had doubts about the claim of the employee, saying the sequence of events does not match with the statements given by him.
A police official close to the investigation said: “I spoke to at least 50 people having shops near the spot of crime and no one has seen anything. I doubt something can happen in broad daylight and there are no witnesses. The matter is being investigated.”
Meanwhile, Delhi Police Commissioner Y.S. Dadwal said: “People should avoid carrying large cash openly.”
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Man robbed off Rs.4 lakh in Ghaziabad - Jul 21, 2011
- Delhi trader looted in Agra - Sep 08, 2012
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011
- Two arrested for Hyderabad gold robbery - Jun 15, 2011
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012
- Liquor vend's manager looted - Jun 21, 2010
- Delhi traders seek special protection - Dec 20, 2009
- Two men on bike snatch Rs.1.5 lakh - Jul 05, 2011
- Company cashier looted of Rs.230,000 at gunpoint - Jan 04, 2010
- Man shot at, thrown off flyover by robbers - Jan 10, 2011
- Man robbed of Rs.400,000 in Ghaziabad - Feb 20, 2009
- Man shot dead resisting robbery - Feb 01, 2011