Foreigners involved in 20 percent of Moscow murdersNovember 23rd, 2011 - 9:15 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Nov 23 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Foreign nationals are responsible for some 20 percent of the murders and half of the rapes registered in Moscow this year, the Russian capital’s prosecutor has said.
Sergei Kudeneyev also said some 30 percent of robberies and 20 percent of thefts are committed by foreigners, the Rossiiskaya Gazeta daily reported.
He, however, said that the number of crimes committed in Moscow by foreign citizens has dropped by 30 percent since 2010.
The overall number of crimes registered in the capital also decreased by seven percent in the first 10 months of 2011, year-on-year, he said.
- Moscow serial killer gets life for 16 murders - Jan 30, 2012
- One in five Russian teenagers is depressed - Feb 14, 2012
- Alcohol consumption drops in Russia - Dec 29, 2011
- Medvedev approves Russian-US plutonium disposal deal - Jun 07, 2011
- Serial killer faces trial in Moscow - May 23, 2012
- Russia imposes quota on foreigners in sports - Apr 19, 2012
- Russian study tells how to win a modern war - Apr 19, 2012
- Foreigners in Moscow may be fingerprinted - Oct 20, 2011
- Russia witnesses spurt in baby killings by mums - Sep 01, 2011
- Depressurised plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jan 24, 2012
- Putin top campaign spender - Mar 02, 2012
- Russia may increase oil output in 2012 - Jan 22, 2012
- Russian ex-cop charged over dislike of ruling party - Aug 11, 2012
- Moscow to cut 1,000 jobs in 2012 - Aug 19, 2011
- Putin pledges 400 ICBMs for Russia in 10 years - Feb 20, 2012