Foreigner couple freed after being locked in Goa storeApril 28th, 2012 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
Margao, April 28 (IANS) Goa Police have freed a foreigner couple who were locked overnight in a departmental store in Margao, 30 kms from state capital Panaji.
Police said that the duo were accidentally locked up in the store Friday night. When they were discovered the next day, the owner suspecting attempted theft, took them to police for verification.
“We interrogated them. It seems that they had gone in to buy toiletries, but were trapped inside,” police inspector Margao, Sudesh Naik told IANS.
“There did not seem any intent to steal. The couple slept it off after they found that the shutters were down, until the owner of the store stumbled upon them in the morning and reported the incident,” Naik further said.
The couple were staying in the beach resort in Colva, about 40 km from here, and were on a tourist visa.
- 'Bajrang Dal leader falsely linked to headless corpse' - Feb 05, 2011
- Kazakh beer thief returns unfinished bottles - Aug 21, 2012
- Three tourists injured in Goa hotel accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Market complex owner, guard murdered - Aug 01, 2011
- British man arrested for theft in Goa - Aug 12, 2012
- Mob blocks Goa highway after accused's suicide - Sep 09, 2011
- Russian molested by burglar in Goa apartment - Nov 17, 2010
- Goa serial killer sentenced to life - Jun 10, 2011
- 7 sailors rescued off Goa beach - Jul 28, 2012
- Couple jailed, lose custody of daughter, over stolen sandwiches - Oct 31, 2011
- Raid on Goa disco, 11 prostitutes freed - Jun 28, 2010
- Australian booked for cheating in Goa - Jul 07, 2011
- Police arrest two, recover articles stolen from museum - Jun 29, 2010
- Goan sailor onboard hijacked ship is safe: Goa MP - Feb 22, 2011