Foreign students get a taste of Indian education at IGNOUJanuary 13th, 2012 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 13 (IANS) A group of 37 students from 11 countries visited the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to acquaint themselves with the education system here, officials said Friday.
Wards of non-resident Indians, the group visited the varsity under the “Know India Programme” by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA).
“These youth are the children of Indians settled abroad and are visiting different educational institutions in India. The basic idea is to expose them to diversity of our country,” said under secretary, MOIA, M.K. Pandey.
According to an IGNOU official, the group showed a lot of interest in the programmes offered by the varsity and also had an interactive session with the Vice Chancellor, M. Aslam.
“They were particularly interested to know about the prospects of placement, admission procedure and academic programmes being offered by IGNOU internationally,” said Aslam.
“We are operating in 43 countries across the world through 82 partner institutions and student strength of 44,000. IGNOU will reach learners wherever they are and this is what we call ‘Education at your Doorstep’,” added Aslam.
- IGNOU to focus on more foreign tie-ups - Jan 28, 2012
- IGNOU bags best teaching practices award (With Image) - Jan 28, 2012
- IGNOU gets new web site on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Create knowledge systems, not learning systems: UGC - Feb 14, 2012
- 'IGNOU at par with international institutions' - Jan 01, 2011
- IGNOU trains teachers to develop online courses - Aug 13, 2011
- Sibal stresses on spreading distance education - Apr 02, 2011
- IGNOU centres to be more disabled-friendly - Feb 22, 2012
- IGNOU's preparatory course for students desiring higher education - Jun 14, 2012
- IGNOU trains statistical personnel - Aug 02, 2011
- IGNOU to celebrate silver jubilee year - Oct 18, 2009
- IGNOU celebrates World Hindi Day - Jan 11, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IGNOU gets $9.5 mn Japanese aid - Mar 15, 2012
- IGNOU to extend education to disabled - Mar 15, 2010
Tags: admission procedure, doorstep, education system, educational institutions in india, foreign students, ignou, indian education, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, interactive session, learners, ministry of overseas indian affairs, national open university, New Delhi, partner institutions, placement admission, student strength, varsity, vice chancellor, wards