Forces kill four militants in pre-dawn Assam raidJune 23rd, 2012 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, June 23 (IANS) A joint team of police and army killed four militants at a remote village in Assam’s Dima Hasao district in the wee hours of Saturday.
Dima Hasao District Superintendent of Police (DSP) Mugdha Jyoti Mahanta confirmed the incident to IANS and said that three AK-47 rifles and some live ammunition were recovered from the slain militants.
The slain militants belong to a lesser known militant outfit of the Dimasa community- the Dimasa National Revolutionary Front (DNRF).
One militant belonging to the National Socialist Council of Nagalim (NSCN Isak-Muivah) faction was also apprehended during the operation, he said.
“Based on information, a joint team of police and personnel of 9th Madras Regiment cordoned off the remote Milliu village under Langting police station in the district around 4 a.m. Saturday. The militants fired on the police team which led to a shootout,” said Mahanta.
“We have intensified the search operation in and around the area as there might be some more cadres of the outfit,” the SP said.
- DNRF militant nabbed in Assam - Mar 21, 2012
- Security forces launch operation against Naga rebels - Aug 22, 2010
- Seven policemen killed in militant attack in Manipur - Apr 15, 2011
- Four militants held in Tripura - Aug 23, 2012
- Three cops killed in militant ambush in Meghalaya - Jun 04, 2011
- Peace Accord with Black Widow rebel faction soon: Chidambaram - Jan 24, 2012
- Assam-Arunachal border row turns violent - Aug 21, 2010
- Three killed in ambush on security convoy in Assam - Jan 04, 2010
- Militants kill three cops in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- Rival factions of Nagaland end hostilities - Sep 21, 2010
- Peace talks with North East rebel leaders 'good': Pillai - Mar 06, 2011
- Fresh round of talks with NSCN-IM Tuesday in Nagaland - May 31, 2010
- MP seeks to protect Manipur's territorial integrity - Apr 28, 2012
- Manipur not to allow Naga leader Muivah's visit - May 02, 2010
- Fence border with Myanmar: Arunachal home minister - Aug 10, 2010
Tags: ak 47, assam, cadres, cordoned, district superintendent, dsp, faction, jyoti, live ammunition, madras regiment, mahanta, militants, nscn, police station, police team, pre dawn, revolutionary front, rifles, search operation, wee hours