Force India pick Max Chilton for Abu Dhabi young driver testNovember 8th, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Nov 8 (IANS) Sahara Force India Tuesday announced that Briton Max Chilton will test for them at the young driver test scheduled here after the Formula One Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The test takes place at the Yas Marina circuit Nov 15 to 17 while the race will be held Nov 11-13.
Chilton, fresh from his second season in GP2, will drive for Force India after having already completed a straight-line aerodynamic test with the Silverstone-based outfit.
Force India team principal Vijay Mallya, who is expected to announce the drivers’ line-up for the 2012 season before the Abu Dhabi race, said he will be closely monitoring the young driver test before deciding on the drivers.
“We all know how difficult it is to break into Formula 1, so the young driver test is a great initiative allowing all the teams to evaluate young talent. It gives the drivers a chance to learn more about how a Formula 1 team operates away from the pressures of a race weekend and get valuable experience under their belt. I will keep a close eye on the progress of the test next week,” said Mallya in a statement.
The team’s current permanent drivers are Germany’s Adrian Sutil and Scotland’s Paul di Resta with Nico Hulkenberg of Germany being the reserve.
- Have a tough decision to make on drivers: Mallya - Oct 30, 2011
- Force India to end drivers' suspense before Abu Dhabi - Oct 29, 2011
- Force India retain di Resta for 2012, drop Sutil - Dec 17, 2011
- Former Ferrari reserve driver Bianchi moves to Force India - Jan 27, 2012
- Vettel equals pole record in Abu Dhabi, Force India secure top-10 finish - Nov 12, 2011
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Force India confirm Paul di Resta for 2011 Formula One season - Jan 27, 2011
- Cecotto Junior to test for Sahara Force India - Nov 11, 2011
- Di Resta in dark about his future with Force India - Dec 14, 2011
- Force India launch 2012 car - Feb 03, 2012
- Force India's Di Resta feels making Q3 will be tough - Mar 23, 2012
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, both Force Indias in top-10 - Nov 13, 2011
- No plans to sell Force India team: Mallya - Oct 07, 2011
- Force India finish out of points at British GP - Jul 08, 2012
- Force India drivers seek faster car to match rivals - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, adrian sutil, briton, chilton, driver test, force india, formula 1, formula one, grand prix, india team, initiative, resta, s paul, sahara, scotland, second season, straight line, team principal, vijay mallya, yas