Food poisoning kills 12 in ChinaMay 10th, 2012 - 9:56 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 10 (IANS) Over 400 people suffered from food poisoning in China this year, and 12 of them have died, the health ministry said Wednesday.
From January to March, the ministry received 17 food poisoning reports from across the nation, an increase of four cases from the same period in 2011, but the number of people affected decreased by 22 percent.
The 438 cases occurred in public canteens, families and restaurants, Xinhua reported.
Four cases involved students, with 205 pupils falling ill and one dying due to nitrite poisoning.
- 31 Chinese dead from food poisoning - Jan 22, 2012
- 3 kids dead, 35 sick due to food poisoning in China - Apr 08, 2011
- China to ensure quality food in schools - Oct 24, 2011
- Food poisoning fells 80 sick in China - Jul 10, 2012
- Chinese kids fall ill after drinking soda water - Jun 06, 2012
- China bans sale of mud snails after vomiting cases - Jul 20, 2012
- Over 200 people suffer food poisoning in China - May 03, 2011
- 90 school kids hospitalised with food poisoning in China - Sep 05, 2012
- Girl dies after drinking soft drink in college canteen - Feb 23, 2012
- 28 kids fall ill after eating noodles in China - Mar 04, 2011
- 90 fall ill in Shanghai after eating lunch - Nov 30, 2010
- Over 400 suffer food poisoning in Sri Lanka - Jul 16, 2012
- Four fall sick after consuming wild mushrooms in Assam - Apr 27, 2012
- 42 kids hit by food poisoning in China - Jul 08, 2011
- 43,000 Chinese officials probed for abuse of power - Dec 23, 2011