Fog hits flights at Hyderabad airportDecember 9th, 2008 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 9 (IANS) Thick fog over Hyderabad Tuesday hit operations at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Shamshabad.As many as 19 departing flights were delayed because of the unusual fog conditions, said A. Viswanath, chief commercial officer of GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL), which operates the airport.
The meteorological department attributed the thick fog to a “rare phenomenon” in Hyderabad, said a GHIAL statement. It, however, said the airport was able to substantially minimise the delays thanks to the enhanced technical facilities available with the Air Traffic Control (ATC).
Ten arriving flights were delayed and six scheduled flights were diverted. Paramount Air cancelled its flight into and out of Hyderabad, the statement said.
- Fog affects 47 trains (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Capital shivers, fog disrupts trains, flights (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Hyderabad airport handled 8.6 million passengers last year - Apr 12, 2012
- Cold day for capital, fog hits train services (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- No growth in passenger traffic at Hyderabad airport - Aug 23, 2012
- Fog disrupts train services in chilly Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Trains, flights disrupted as fog blinds Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Fog disrupts train services in Delhi, flights unaffected (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- GMR launches 'Fly via Hyderabad' campaign in Chhattisgarh - Jan 27, 2012
- Hyderabad airport gets greenhouse certification - Apr 02, 2012
- Navy cuts sorties to allow civilian traffic at Goa airport - Oct 28, 2010
- Govt. allows flight movements in reduced visibility, changes rules - Dec 26, 2010
- Fog disrupts flight operations at Delhi airport (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Flights hit as fog engulfs Delhi airport again - Jan 31, 2011