Florence Welch to take year offAugust 27th, 2012 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 27 (IANS) Singer Florence Welch plans to take her own sweet time with her next record and wants to first take a year off from public eye.
“There’s a big ‘take an year off’ plan. The record company have put no pressure on for the next album. They have said I can have as long as I want,” contactmusic.com quoted Welch as saying.
The 25-year-old may make use of her time by hanging around in east London.
“Nobody notices me in London. I think it’s because I don’t feel very starry when I go out. People expect me to be louder and wearing a huge bat-winged jumpsuit or something, but I’m quite quiet really.
“I like playing hipster safari. It’s like people watching, people watching, but in east London. I like walking around, looking at everyone’s clothes. It’s like, ‘Yep, I used to go to college with them. Yep there’s that fashion blogger wearing a snazzy outfit’,” she added.
- Lively obsessed with Welch's fashion sense - Sep 11, 2012
- Florence Welch back to home sweet home - Aug 11, 2012
- Adele responds to Karl Lagerfeld's "fat comments" - Feb 10, 2012
- Snazzy Napper deemed most 'ridiculous' travel product ever - Aug 30, 2010
- Lily Allen says BRIT award is perfect way to say goodbye - Feb 18, 2010
- How celebs find the perfect Oscars dress - Feb 27, 2011
- Lively, Reynolds married - Sep 10, 2012
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- Raquel Welch sympathises with Lohan - Aug 31, 2011
- Susan Boyle takes inspiration from letters - Oct 28, 2011
- Hollywood Fashion Blunders Of 2010 - Dec 27, 2010
- Susane Boyle's tops chart with third album - Nov 14, 2011
- Sweety Kapoor-Khanna at Anna rally: A satire - Apr 07, 2011
- Scherzinger backs British music campaign - May 19, 2012
- 'South Asia 39' to promote new Asian writing: Hay fest founder - Nov 15, 2010