Flights cancelled for fog fears, low passenger loadDecember 31st, 2008 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 31 (IANS) At least 10 early morning flights were cancelled Wednesday due to low passenger load and anticipation of fog, but flight operations otherwise remained normal, said an airport official.Flights cancelled included those of Jet Airways and its low-cost carrier, Jetlite, besides IndiGo and GoAir.
The runway visibility range (RVR) was 2,000 metres - much above the standard 200 metres - leading to smooth movement of flights, the official told IANS, adding: “There was hardly any fog. Therefore, there has been no disruption of flight schedules.”
Since fogs started hitting the city Dec 22, 14 flights were diverted and 126 flew in low visibility conditions, Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL), which manages the airport at the national capital, said in a statement Tuesday.
Flights operating in and out of Delhi were severely affected by the dense fog Monday and Tuesday as visibility fell below 50 metres. Over 350 domestic and international flights were delayed and 35 flights were cancelled over these two days.
Flight operations at Delhi airport were badly affected due to heavy fog for last two days.
Following huge delays in flights in the capital, the aviation regulator Tuesday asked the Delhi airport management to give priority to flights heading to the fog-hit north Indian cities.
- Fog disrupts train services in chilly Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Delhi airport gears to tackle foggy winter - Dec 20, 2011
- Trains, flights disrupted as fog blinds Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Dense fog affects road, rail, air traffic (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Regulator intervenes to clear fog-hit flights at Delhi (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2008
- Patel blames heavy fog for flight delays - Dec 27, 2010
- Fog affects 47 trains (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Capital shivers, fog disrupts trains, flights (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Fog hits rail, air traffic in Delhi (Second Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Fog disrupts train services in Delhi, flights unaffected (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Fog disrupts flight operations at Delhi airport (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Heavy fog delays many flights at Delhi airport - Dec 25, 2010
- Fog disrupts flights, trains in chilly Delhi (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Heavy fog delays flights at IGI airport (Lead) - Dec 25, 2010
- Dense fog envelops Delhi, flights, trains disrupted again - Dec 27, 2010