Flash floods hit parts of Jammu regionAugust 4th, 2012 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 4 (IANS) Flash floods marooned dozens of people following incessant rain in the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir as the administration Saturday launched a massive rescue operation.
According to an official spokesman, the floods hit Jammu, Kathua and Samba districts.
The administration took help from the Indian Air force after three people were stranded in flood water in Niki Tawi area on the outskirts of Jammu.
Four people were rescued at Chabbe Chak village of Kathua district.
According to the spokesman, rescue operations were launched to save at least three people trapped in the Ujh river’s flood water and two people trapped in Nagri Pandori in Kathua district.
Six people were rescued after a breach in a drain at Khandwal in Kathua district.
The rescue teams also saved four people at Kote Punu after the army provided boats and divers.
The region is experiencing heavy rains since Friday and the meteorological department has forecast more rains in the next two days.
- Rain continues in Jammu, many trapped - Aug 05, 2012
- IAF rescues marooned civilians in Jammu - Aug 05, 2012
- Seven killed due to rains in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- 33 people rescued from flash floods in Kashmir - Sep 09, 2012
- IAF rescues 27 marooned villagers near Kathua - Jul 23, 2010
- Air Force rescues stranded school children in Kathua - Aug 26, 2010
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu, Himachal (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- 12 killed, 40 missing as rains pound Uttarakhand, Jammu (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Security personnel rescue 11 persons trapped in flash floods in River Tawi in Jammu - Sep 09, 2010
- Six killed as bus caught in flash-flood - Aug 11, 2011
- Assam floods: Gogoi orders rescue of marooned - Jun 26, 2012
- Six killed in house collapse incidents in Jammu - Aug 25, 2012
- Indian Air Force rescue eight pilgrims in Jammu and Kashmir - Jul 17, 2010
- Orissa flood toll 20 - Sep 14, 2011
- Orissa airdrops food as floods get worse - Sep 24, 2011
Tags: breach, district six, flash floods, flood water, heavy rains, incessant rain, indian air force, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kathua, least three people, massive rescue operation, meteorological department, outskirts, pandori, punu, rescue operations, samba, spokesman, ujh river