Fiza fears Chand Mohammed may have fled countryFebruary 17th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 17 (IANS) Anuradha Bali aka Fiza, the estranged wife of Haryana’s former deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, Tuesday expressed fear that he could have fled the country with his first wife and children.
“I think that Chand Mohammed has run away with his first wife Seema and children to abroad to escape the consequences of law. I will wait for police action but if they fail to take any appropriate step, then I will move court,” Fiza told the media here Tuesday.
Fiza Monday filed a complaint with the Punjab police in Mohali town, adjoining Chandigarh, alleging that she had been raped, cheated, her religious sentiments have been hurt and that she has been defamed.
“My life has been rocked by all this and I have become a victim of the conspiracy of Chand Mohammed’s family. Now I am getting life threats from his family members and I have written to ADGP (additional director general of police) of Punjab for a security cover,” said Fiza, a former assistant advocate general to the Haryana and Punjab governments.
Mohan and Bali embraced Islam and got married secretly in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city last November last year. The two changed their names to Chand Mohammed and Fiza.
Fiza has now accused Chand Mohammed, who converted to Islam along with her to get married last year, of betrayal and sexual exploitation.
She said she had no idea about reports that Chand Mohammed had again converted to Hindu religion. “I can only confirm that I will stick to Islam,” Fiza said.
“Our investigations are on. One of our very senior officials is looking into the case and he will submit his report very soon,” Jatinder Singh Aulakh, senior superintendent of police of Mohali, told IANS Tuesday.
Chand Mohammed, who has been virtually underground for the last 20 days after he suddenly left Fiza’s house in Sector 48 of Mohali town, is the elder son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal.
He lost his job as Haryana’s high-profile deputy chief minister early December last year after he emerged from a more than 40-day hiding with a new name, religion and wife.
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Punjab police summon Chand Mohammed, Fiza (Lead) - Feb 17, 2009
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza finally complains to police against Chand Mohammed - Feb 16, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Fiza moves Punjab rights body against Chand Mohammed - Feb 19, 2009
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister arrested, granted bail - Jan 30, 2009
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009