Fiza calls Chand’s fax swearing commitment a ‘conspiracy’February 24th, 2009 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Feb 24 (IANS) Fiza, the second wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed, Tuesday dismissed his fax message to the police here - in which he claimed to be committed to her - as a “conspiracy”.
Chand had Monday evening sent the fax from London, claiming that Fiza alias Anuradha Bali was still his wife and he had gone abroad for medical treatment.
“I am his wife. I should be the first one to know his ailment. Why did he have to run from here without telling me? Why has he not got in touch with me? There is a conspiracy against me,” Fiza told reporters here.
She accused the police of siding with Chand Mohammed and not registering a case of rape and cheating against him despite her complaint last week.
Fiza, a former assistant advocate general with the Haryana and Punjab governments, also claimed that Congress leaders were helping Chand Mohammed and urged party president Sonia Gandhi to come to her aid.
Police had summoned Fiza and Chand Mohammed last Friday to record their statements. While Fiza went to the police, the politician - who has been underground since Jan 28 when he suddenly left his second wife’s house here after less than two months of wedlock - did not come.
“I got to know about the allegations against me through the media. Fiza is still my wife. I have not deserted her. I remain a Muslim,” Chand had written in his fax message.
He refuted allegations that he had converted to Islam only to get married a second time.
Police officials here said they would move ex-parte against Chand Mohammed if he did not join investigations. In an earlier fax to the police, he had said he would be back from London only in April.
Chand Mohammed, the elder son of former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal, is a sitting Haryana Congress legislator.
He lost his job as Haryana’s high-profile deputy chief minister in December last year after he emerged from hiding after over 40 days with a new name, religion and wife.
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Submit probe report on Chand-Fiza saga, Punjab police told - Feb 25, 2009
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand gets clean chit from police, Fiza to move court - Mar 10, 2009
- Chander Mohan sends fax from London after Fiza files complaint (Lead) - Feb 21, 2009
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009