Fiza approaches court for passport in new nameJune 8th, 2009 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 8 (IANS) Fiza aka Anuradha Bali, the estranged wife of former Haryana deputy chief minister Chand Mohammed alias Chander Mohan, has approached the Punjab and Haryana High Court for issuance of a new passport with her new Muslim name.
After the hearing, the vacation bench of Justice Kanwaljit Singh Ahluwalia of the high court here, issued notice Monday to the regional passport office of Chandigarh and to the Punjab police.
The next hearing of the court is scheduled June 12.
Fiza got her previous passport in the name of Anuradha Bali cancelled after her marriage to Chander Mohan. She is supposed to go to Malaysia to take part in a reality show June-end and had applied for a fresh passport.
The passport office was not issuing her a new passport as they had not got clearance from the Punjab police with a case of attempt to suicide pending against Fiza.
Chander Mohan married Anuradha Bali after converting to Islam and they took up the names Chand Mohammed and Fiza respectively in December last year. The marriage soon went sour and he divorced Fiza over the phone from London.
Fiza, a former assistant advocate general of Punjab and Haryana, had attempted suicide in January by swallowing over 30 sleeping pills after Chander Mohan suddenly left her house here in Sector 48, Mohali.
Police filed a case of attempted suicide against her and arrested her, but she was immediately released on bail. However, Fiza claimed she had not attempted suicide and it was just a case of drug overdose.
Chander Mohan, a sitting Congress legislator from the Kalka assembly seat adjoining Chandigarh, lost his high-profile job of deputy chief minister in December last year after his hush-hush second marriage, new name and new religion.
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza to campaign against former Haryana chief minister - Apr 21, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza from London (Lead) - Mar 14, 2009
- Chand Mohammed says 'talaq' to Fiza over phone - Mar 14, 2009
- Fiza to pursue legal battle against Chander Mohan - Oct 29, 2009
Tags: advocate general, ahluwalia, anuradha, assembly seat, chander, converting to islam, deputy chief minister, drug overdose, kanwaljit singh, legislator, mohali police, mohan, muslim name, new religion, punjab and haryana high court, punjab police, reality show, regional passport office, second marriage, sleeping pills