Five-year-old raped in Punjab townJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 9:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Jan 23 (IANS) A five-year-old Nepali girl was allegedly raped by her neighbour in this Punjab town Friday, the police said. The accused has been arrested.According to the police, the accused, Rajesh Bharti, 27, lured the victim with chocolates when she was playing in her house at Kurali in Mohali district.
“The victim narrated the incident to her parents when they returned home from work. She said she was playing in her house when their neighbour, Rajesh Bharti, offered her chocolates and took her to his house and committed the crime,” investigating officer Lakhwinder Singh told IANS.
According to the police, the victim’s family had migrated here from Nepal in search of work a few months back. The accused is from Uttar Pradesh and works in a factory here.
“We have arrested the accused and will produce him in the court Saturday. Medical examination of the victim was also conducted and we are waiting for the reports,” said Singh.
This is the second such incident in Mohali district this year. Earlier Jan 7, a six-year-old Nepali girl was allegedly raped in the industrial area of Mohali.
- Eight-year-old girl raped in Delhi - Mar 18, 2011
- Minor burnt to death for resisting rape - Sep 21, 2011
- Minor raped by neighbour in Delhi - Jul 16, 2012
- CA student held for raping five-year-old in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 26, 2011
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Boy arrested for raping six-month-old child - Jun 10, 2011
- Rapist who left minor victim on rail track held - Feb 11, 2012
- Teenager rapes Class 9 girl in Delhi - Jul 14, 2012
- 13-year-old girl raped, accused held in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Youth arrested for raping, beating teen domestic help - Apr 12, 2012
- Minor girl raped, burnt alive - Jan 29, 2012
- 14-year-old raped by neighbour - Feb 03, 2011
- Nine-year-old girl molested by neighbour - Dec 27, 2011
- Ghaziabad residents protest police apathy in rape case - Apr 19, 2012
- Crime capital records five rapes in three days - Feb 28, 2012