Five-year-old crushed under speeding truckMay 10th, 2011 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 9 (IANS) A five-year-old boy was crushed under a truck and his parents were injured here Monday, police said.
The boy, Krishan, was standing on the footboard of the scooter, being driven by his father Gulshan Manchanda, while his mother was riding pillion. The accident occurred in the evening when they were passing near Ratandevi School in Krishna Nagar in east Delhi, a senior police officer said.
Spotting a speeding truck bearing down on them, Manchanda swerved his scooter. The parents fell with the scooter onto a pile of garbage, but Krishan fell on the road and came under the truck, police said.
“He died on the spot,” said the officer.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital where Krishan was declared brought dead. Manchanda and his wife suffered injuries.
“We arrested the driver from the spot and impounded the truck,” said the officer.
Police have registered a case of rash and negligent driving.
- Rs.9 lakh relief for kin of woman killed in accident - May 31, 2011
- MBA student crushed to death - Feb 15, 2012
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- Seven killed in Rajasthan road accident - May 06, 2012
- Three minors drown in Bhakra canal - Jan 23, 2011
- Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Bus driver charges civic officers with negligence for pothole - Jan 11, 2012
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- Rs.10 lakh awarded to road accident victim's family - May 27, 2011
- Met official's wife killed in Delhi accident - Aug 10, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,