Five workers killed in Punjab factory blastAugust 21st, 2010 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 21 (IANS) At least five workers of a private paper factory near Malerkotla town in Punjab were killed when a blast took place in the boiler of the unit Saturday, police officials said.
While five workers died instantly, three others were injured in the accident.
Punjab police officials said they were investigating what triggered the boiler blast.
Malerkotla town in Sangrur district is about 150 km from state capital Chandigarh.
- Five workers killed in Punjab paper mill blast (Lead) - Aug 21, 2010
- Several workers trapped as Jalandhar building collapses - Apr 16, 2012
- Jalandhar factory collapse: one dead, several trapped (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Five killed in Punjab factory blast - Sep 12, 2012
- Three killed in fire cracker unit blast in Punjab - Apr 13, 2012
- Several trapped as factory building collapses in Jalandhar (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Five killed in Haryana blast - Aug 23, 2011
- Four dead in Punjab factory fire - Apr 30, 2012
- One pilgrim killed as bus overturns in Punjab - Jun 17, 2011
- Blast in Turkey leather factory - Oct 04, 2010
- Fire in Punjab thread factory - Dec 21, 2010
- Punjab town quiet, curfew relaxed for three hours - Sep 14, 2010
- Jalandhar factory collapse kills two, probe ordered (Third Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Curfew in Punjab town after rumours of Quran burning (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012