Five undertrials escape from Jharkhand court lock-upOctober 27th, 2008 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 27 (IANS) Five undertrials escaped by removing the toilet windows of a Dumka court lock-up in Jharkhand, the police said Monday. According to the police, 13 undertrails were brought to Dumka district court for their court appearances but five of them managed to give the policemen a slip from the court lock-up.
The police said two of the escaped undertrials faced murder charges.
Police sources said that during past seven years 130 undertrials have escaped due to lack of proper security arrangements in the courts in the state.
- Five undertrials escape in Jharkhand, media faces wrath - Aug 12, 2009
- Four cops suspended after Maoist undertrials escape - Sep 23, 2009
- Four injured as undertrials clash in Delhi court - Jun 09, 2011
- 10 prisoners escape from Bhopal court lockup - Nov 09, 2010
- Maoist commander, six others escape from Jharkhand court - Sep 22, 2009
- 12 injured in court lock-up blast in Jharkhand - Sep 09, 2008
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- Jharkhand mulls witness protection law - Apr 26, 2011
- Taliban storm Pakistani jail, free nearly 400 inmates (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Prisoner escapes after throwing chili powder on constable - Mar 02, 2011
- Nine prisoners escape in Meerut jail break - Jul 20, 2010
- Maoist involved in killing of cops held - Mar 31, 2011
- Five Maoists involved in cop massacre held in Jharkhand - Feb 29, 2012
- Police sub-inspector killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Sep 10, 2010
- Man wanted for eight murders escapes - Mar 01, 2012