Five troopers killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blastMay 18th, 2011 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, May 17 (IANS) At least five troopers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed Tuesday in a landmine blast in a forested stretch of Chhattisgarh’s violence-hit Dantewada district, police said.
The incident took place after 9 p.m. at on a national highway between Sukma and Dornapal, over 500 km south of Raipur.
“A powerful blast ripped off a vehicle carrying seven jawans (troopers). I am getting details but there are some casualties,” Dantewada police chief Ankit Garg said.
But a local police officer told IANS over the phone that five CRPF men in the last vehicle of the three-vehicle convoy on its way to Sukma from Kerlapal were killed on the spot in the blast.
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Toll in Chhattisgarh blast rises to seven - May 18, 2011
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Three troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Oct 07, 2011
- Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacks - Jun 27, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Maoists step up attacks to taunt army, say experts - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- Mine blast injures CRPF men, Maoists raid CPI leader's house (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Panchayat secretary killed in Maoist firing - Aug 30, 2012
- Six troopers among seven killed by Chhattisgarh Maoists - May 14, 2012
- Bodies of slain Chhattisgarh cops ferried in garbage truck - Jun 28, 2011
- Agnivesh attacked by protesters, two officials transferred - Mar 27, 2011
- 40-kg explosive device defused in Chhattisgarh - Sep 01, 2012