Five trapped in Mumbai fireAugust 9th, 2012 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 9 (IANS) A fire broke out in a commercial complex in Mumbai Thursday and five people remained trapped in the building as fire fighters strove to douse the blaze, officials said.
The fire broke out on the top floors of the multi-storied Everest Building, a commercial complex at Tardeo in south Mumbai. The fire fighters had rescued five people from the building and there was no immediate report of anyone killed in the incident.
The fire, which was first noticed around 5.30 p.m., was reported from the ninth floor of the building in the crowded locality, according to the city disaster control centre.
Five people have been rescued while another five are believed to be trapped in the building, but details were not available.
Eight fire tenders and ambulances have been rushed to the site to battle the blaze.
The building is situated near the Tardeo bus depot and evening peak hour traffic was disrupted due to diversions.
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Major fire at multi-storied building in South Kolkata - Mar 29, 2012
- Building catches fire in Uttar Pradesh, four injured - May 24, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- 16 injured in Mantralaya fire, blaze under control (Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Major fire on 10th floor of South Kolkata building (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Two dead in Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
- Mantralaya fire continues second day - Jun 22, 2012
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex - Sep 07, 2012
- Inferno in Kolkata's Park Street kills two, injures many (Third Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Mantralaya blaze: Chavan says fire controlled, orders probe (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- 10 people killed in Delhi factory fire (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- 100 die in Pakistan as two factories go up in flames (Second Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Mantralaya fire: toll climbs to three (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012