Five tiger cubs die in Odisha’s Nandankanan zooNovember 18th, 2011 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Nov 18 (IANS) Five tiger cubs born three days ago died Friday in Odisha’s famed Nandankanan zoo, an official said.
The cubs, including one that was white, were born Tuesday night at the zoo from the mating of Royal Bengal tiger pair Roshan and Priyanka.
“All the five cubs were found dead in the enclosure,” Kamal Purohit, a senior zoo official told IANS. The cubs died because of their “mother’s neglect”, he said.
The population of tigers in the zoo, located on the outskirts of state capital Bhubaneswar, is 24 of which 10 are white.
Nandankanan zoo is spread over an area of 425 hectares. It houses over 1,200 wild animals and offers a white tiger safari, the first of its kind in the world.
- Odisha orders probe into five tiger cubs' death - Nov 21, 2011
- White tiger succumbs to tumor at Nandankanan zoo - Jan 23, 2012
- Orissa zoo celebrates tiger cubs' birthday - Oct 20, 2009
- Orissa zoo to celebrate tiger cubs' birthday - Oct 19, 2009
- Orissa zoo gears up for birth of chimpanzee - Oct 12, 2009
- Leopard eats own cub in Orissa zoo - Feb 27, 2010
- Orissa zoo gets a baby chimpanzee - Oct 14, 2009
- Coolers help zoo animals beat heat - Mar 19, 2010
- Tigress kills her cubs in Orissa's Nandankanan zoo - Jan 07, 2009
- Three lion cubs die at Chhattisgarh zoo - Aug 03, 2012
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Odisha releases captured leopard after protests - Aug 08, 2012
- Animals get blankets in Orissa zoo to beat the cold - Jan 05, 2010
- Orissa zoo launches special summer menu for animals - May 16, 2011
- Tiger cubs spread joy at Aurangabad zoo (With Image) - Apr 14, 2010
Tags: bhubaneswar, hectares, kamal, nandankanan zoo, neglect, odisha, outskirts, population, purohit, roshan, royal bengal tiger, tiger, tiger cubs, tiger safari, tigers, tuesday night, white tiger, wild animals